Abstract Explorations: Mixed Media Acrylic Workshop
Saturday, March 6
"The possibilities of paint are never-ending."
Experimenting is at the heart of creating and there are so many possibilities for a painting's becoming. You will be encouraged to follow your curiosity as you engage in a creative process that embraces spontaneity, chance and experimentation to create small abstract paintings using unconventional tools.
I will teach you basic composition, texture and color techniques that you will use to create expressive small abstract studies.
We will also spend time looking at the work of some of my favorite modern and contemporary artists; as well as their innovative techniques born from their own explorations.
Also you will receive an invitation to join a 1-hour Zoom Open Studios the week following the workshop to ask any
follow-up questions, share work progress and connect.
* Acrylics Paints (heavy, soft and flow)
(You will receive a digital color wheel and list of suggested colors after registration)
* Pencils, crayons, pastels +/or charcoal
* Paint brushes of all sizes + palette knives
* Matte medium
* Clear gesso
* Small canvases, at least 1 small canvases (8inx10in, 12inx12in or 11inx14in)
* Watercolor paper (8x10 or 8x8 or 9x10)
* Raw Unstretched Canvas (optional)
* Paper towel/rags
*Blue Tape or Frog Tape
*Scrap paper (newspaper, old books, magazines, etc.), cheesecloth +/or string/thread
* Unconventional tools (forks, combs, old credit card, sticks, rocks, brush, spatula, etc.)
*Matte, Satin or Gloss Varnish (optional)