Exploring the Possibilities of Paint: Abstract Mixed Media Workshop
"The possibilities of paint are never-ending."
In this workshop Lanecia will provide a introduction to abstract painting, the history of natural pigments + a variety materials that can possibly be used to create a painting.
You will also learn how to make acrylic paints from earth pigments/bricks/rocks; as well as mix colors to create the palette you desire as you the possibilities of paint on wood + canvas.
You will also make your own abstract expressive artworks using textures, colors, mark making + unconventional tools.
This is a space for ALL LEVELS.
You will leave with:
- (2) small abstract studies on 6"x6" wood panels
- (1) 20”x20" or 16"x20" canvas painting
- Mixd Media Art Supplies: mortar, pestle, strainer, jars, brushes, palettes, spray bottle, 8ounce matte acrylic medium + small set earth pigments to continue tapping into your creativity beyond the workshop.
- Latex free gloves
- New abstract making techniques
- Introductory knowledge of abstract painting + so much more.
You will be asked to bring:
- Collage materials
- Conventional art making tools
- A camera (phones are perfect)
- A notebook/journal
Space is limited to 6 participants, so register soon to reserve your spot.
You can pay all at once or in 2 pay installments of $150 each.
To do the pay installment options, click HERE to contact me to arrange the payments.